Sunday, August 9, 2009

Judgements, credit cards, bad debt.. is this a problem?

I%26#039;m asking for a friend.. :P here is the situation:



She was sued in family court by her ex who was hoping to reduce or eliminate child support. He lost and she won part of her legal fees to be paid by the ex.



he%26#039;s said he%26#039;s not going to pay. Is there anything she can do besides sue him (losing more to a lawyer)? It%26#039;s more than small claims court will allow.



ALSO her has atty committed some very serious errors in the process of defending her and will likely have to deal with the bar since she%26#039;s filing a grievance.



Both of these men have plenty of assets and careers and credit. What would be the point of them paying judgements?



What does a single bad debt judgement do to someone with perfect credit and plenty of money?



I realize the atty has jeopardized his lic and rep but likely nothing too severe.. well, how does this person get justice?



She is considering doing a charge back on the credit card she used to pay the atty claiming fraud. good idea?



Judgements, credit cards, bad debt.. is this a problem?

I wish I could help but this is beyond my knowledge. I also wish your friend the best, deadbeat dads give guys a bad reputation so I hope it all works out for the best. If I had to offer some advice I%26#039;d say dont do anything illegal. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment