Thursday, August 6, 2009

I have 3 judgemnts for credit card debts, i pay the irs/state for past due taxes what will i have to

i pay new york state and the irs every month, do they figure this in when caculating what you have to pay towards the judgements and do i have a choice if i want 10% of my gross income or 25% of my dis[posable earnings



I have 3 judgemnts for credit card debts, i pay the irs/state for past due taxes what will i have to pay?

Garnishment laws are pretty much set in stone. It calls for 25% of the disposable earnings. However, only one creditor at a time may garnish your wages. Once that creditor has been paid, the next one takes over.



However, New York does give the judge the authority to order installment payments. You file a %26quot;motion for installment%26quot; payments with the judge, and the judge can order payments that will be within your means.



I%26#039;m not certain how New Yorks law works....as I read it, it%26#039;s intended to help the creditor in cases where the debtor is trying to hide assets, impede collections. It orders the debtor to make a set payment. But in other states (like Michigan) it%26#039;s intended to help the debtor by forcing the creditor to accept a set payment, and not take more then the creditor can reasonably afford to pay.



This will only help you with the credit card debts. Tax collectors work above the law and do whatever they want. Don%26#039;t expect much support from them.



I have 3 judgemnts for credit card debts, i pay the irs/state for past due taxes what will i have to pay?

Your credit is already ruined...why don%26#039;t you file bankruptcy on your credit card debts and focus on paying off the IRS? (you cannot file bankruptcy on the IRS). It will do less damage to your credit if you file bankruptcy, believe it or not. I just went thru this with my small business that was attached to my personal credit. My lawyer was right in suggesting bankruptcy. It%26#039;s only been 4 years and my credit has been re-established already.

No comments:

Post a Comment